Chana Dal And Cucumber Salad(Kosambari)- Healthy Snack Indian
1/2 cup chana dal(150gms-soaked for 2 hrs)
1 cup of water
4 garlic cloves(finely chopped)
1 green chilli(finely chopped)
1/4 cup each of red, green and yellow bell peppers(small chopped)
1 cucumber(small chopped)
1 tomato(small chopped)
1 tbsp lime juice
1/4 cup coriander leaves(finely chopped)
1 tbsp olive oil(Optional)
1 tsp honey
1/2 tsp pepper powder
Salt to taste
- Boil water on medium heat in queen sauce pan.
- Add salt and chana dal to the boiling water, cover the pan with lid and reduce the heat to low. Cook for 20 mins or until Dal is cooked and holding it’s structure(do not overcook the dal).
- In a mixing bowl, add olive oil, lemon juice, honey, salt and pepper and whisk to emulsify all the liquids.
- Add warm chana dal to the mixture made above and let it rest for 3-5 minutes.
- Add all other ingredients to chana dal, mix well and refrigerate.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve this high protein and full of fibre salad cool.
This is a healthy Indian snack. You can make it real quickly and easily. You can also add coconut pieces and peanuts for variations. This vibrant healthy snack can be a side dish to your main course as well. Always make sure that you add less salt and more of black pepper, as black pepper super food, has weigh management properties.