Exercise and fitness- 9 Simple ways to stay Healthy
Are you looking for simple ways for a healthy and fit body? Are you already occupied by your work that you don’t find time to exercise? We have listed out few tips that can keep your body and mind healthy.
We all dream of having the best body and fit into that little black dress which we bought years before with a belief that one day, I will wear. The best gift you can give yourself is inculcating exercise into your daily routine. Getting more fit, even a little bit, can improve your health.
So, here are some tips that will help you to stay fit:
- Eat five to six small but frequent meals: This helps to keep metabolism active and also allows easy digestions. You may note that after a big starchy meal one tends to feel bloated and at times dizzy or sleepy. It is best to break your meals into two parts so that you get all nutrients for the day and feel good after eating.
- Enjoy raw produce: Yes, fruits, salads, and sprouts should be your one meal of the day to increase fiber consumption that cleanses the system. Eating raw also ensure that you get natural vitamins and enzymes that help in metabolic boost and helps weight loss.
- Get more Vitamin D: This vitamin is essential for boosting your metabolism. You can get most of it through sunlight. Expose your skin to early morning sunlight.
- Walk as much as you can: Brisk walk should be a part of your daily chore. Walking as fast as 4 km per hour for 45-60 mins helps regulate adrenaline and stress hormones. This directly helps improve your overall health state and shows best results on long-term weight maintenance.
- Skipping Rope challenge: We used to do skipping as a kid and later skipping rope got lost in the storeroom somewhere. It’s time that we bring it back. Skipping burns calories equivalent to running. and the best part is you need not go out for skipping.
- Take a break from alcohol: When you have a drink, you burn less fat. drinking alcohol affects your health, brain, and liver. The chemicals in alcohol lead to killing brain cells. Once you stop drinking the foggy feeling in your brain will stop. On top of that, you will start saving a lot of money, which you earlier spent on booze.
- Get enough sleep: After a busy day, it’s important your body get enough sleep and rest. Sleep is vital for your mental and emotional wellbeing. It’s that time when your body rejuvenates and repair the torn-out cells and tissues. Sleep deprivation can also lead to memory loss, slow learning and logical reasoning.
- Keep dinner light: A soup and salad or porridge and even a boiled pulse salad or raw papaya salad with bits of tofu/paneer/egg white make a great supper. Eating dinner two hours before nap and keeping last meal light will surely help you fight belly bulge.
- Meditate: Meditation, a way to train your mind. It has been practiced for centuries in numerous religious traditions and beliefs. Meditation helps you to relieve stress, improve your work performance, build better relationships and improve your lifestyle.