Methi Mushroom Matar
- 1 cup Mushroom(cut into half or quarter)
- 1/2 cup matar(green peas)
- 1/4 cup fresh methi(fresh fenugreek)
- 2 onions(finely chopped)
- 4 tomatoes(finely chopped)
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 2 tsp green chilli paste
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp garam masala powder
- 1 tbsp cashew nut paste
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander chopped
- 1/2 cup curd(whisked)
- 1.2 cup water
- 1 tbsp oil
- Salt to taste
Methi Mushroom Matar:
- In queen sauce pan, add 1 tbsp of oil on medium heat and saute the chopped onions until light brown(add 1 or 2 tbsp of water in case the onion starts to stick to the pan).
- Add tomatoes, ginger garlic paste, chilli paste and cook until the tomatoes are cooked.
- Add red chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, garam masala and saute until mixed well.
- Add curd and mix well. Cook until all ingredients have come together.
- Add green peas and close the pan with lid for vitalok to activate and retain the nutrients and steam to cook.
- Cook the green peas for 6-7 minutes(until peas are half done) and add methi and mushrooms. Mix well.
- Add cashew paste, salt and water. Mix well and close the lid. Cook for another 4-5 minutes. Open the lid, mix well to bring it to thick grave consistency.
- Garnish with fresh coriander.
- Serve hot on a bed of jeera rice or roti/parantha.