Diet for a Healthy Glowing skin
Your skin replaces itself once a month, what you eat literally becomes you and you have a choice in what you are made of!
- Change your diet(eating 50% to 75% raw organic fruits and vegetables) and adopt a healthy lifestyle: What the cosmetic industry won’t tell you is the fact that fountain of youth is in your garden and you can wear it for life.
- Add foods that can slow down ageing process to your diet: Fruits and vegetables high in vitamin C: Organic citrus fruits, pineapple, papaya and dark green leafy vegetables like kale and broccoli. Organic green/herbal tea has powerful antioxidants. Avoid sugary beverages or drinks. Omega 3 fatty acids found in wild salmon, nuts(Walnuts or cashews), olive oil flaxseed, sesame seeds, avocado.
- Foods/drugs that can promote ageing progress(so avoid): Sugary beverages, energy drinks, sodas, or drinks like coffee. Fried foods, foods high in Omega 6, processed foods, foods that are nutritionally depleted. Eliminate your use of skincare products, skin lotions and cosmetics that can have tons of harsh chemicals.
- Drinking plenty of filtered/clean water: Atleast, two thirds of our body is made of water. You shouldn’t necessary wait and drink water when you’re thirsty. Don’t expect for your skin to be glowing, if you don’t drink enough water.
- Do a regular cleansing, avoid stress and exercise in a regular basis: It’s very important to have a good cleansing diet on a regular basis, so your body can get rid of free radicals, toxins and heavy metals. Constant stress and anxiety and not getting enough sleep can also promote accumulation of toxins and free radicals. So, try to relax by meditating or practising yoga. Exercising is a great way to get your blood circulation optimum. Exercising can relax your muscles, so you can sleep better at nights.
You can also check out our post on Detox diets to flush toxins from your body