Chicken in Thai Basil Fried Rice – One Pot Dish
I prepare this one-pot dish recipes on weekends when you are home, lazing around and don’t want to do any major work in the kitchen. But of course, you can try this on weekdays too when you are getting late for work. If you are vegetarian, just change chicken paneer or soya chunks, it will taste amazing too.
So, let’s get started with the Chicken in Thai Basil Fried Rice – One Pot Dish Recipe.
- 2 cups Cooked rice Any rice(Basmati Rice preferably)
- 2 tablespoons Sesame Oil
- 1 tsp Ginger paste
- 1 tsp Garlic paste
- 1/2 cup finely chopped Spring Onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped Red Bell pepper
- 1/2 cup finely chopped Green Bell Pepper
- 1/2 cup finely chopped Carrots
- 1/2 cup finely chopped Green beans (French Beans)
- 2 cups finely chopped button mushrooms
- 4 Whole eggs Scrambled eggs
- 500 gms Boneless Chicken
- 1 tablespoon Soy sauce
- 2 dry red chilies (According to your spice level)
- 1 cups Thai basil leaves, loosely chopped
How to make Chicken Thai Basil Fried Rice Recipe:
Firstly, marinate the chicken in salt, lemon, a little turmeric, and chili powder and keep aside for half an hour.
Then in a Cooker heat oil, add dried red chilies, ginger-garlic paste along with all the veggies- Red Bell pepper, Green Bell Pepper, Carrots, Green beans, mushrooms. Sprinkle some salt and saute it until lightly cooked. Then add Chicken pieces to it and saute it for few minutes. At this point, I add herbs, black pepper, little chili powder. Mix these herbs and spices well to the chicken and veggies. Then add soya sauce to it and mix it well. Then add the rice with water and let it cook. For the rice I used, measurement was 4 cups water for 2 cups rice and I kept it in full flame for 2 whistles and switch off the flame.
Let the steam in cooker release gradually. Then open the cooker lid and Chicken Thai Basil Fried Rice Recipe is ready to be served. Don’t forget to garnish it with Thai basil leaves.
After a heavy delicious lunch of Chicken in Thai Basil Fried Rice, enjoy carrot pudding(Gajar ka Halwa) desert.