Beetroot Pulao | Quick and Easy recipe using Beetroot
In busy mornings, when you have to rush to work and have to pack lunch for your husband and yourself this is my go-to recipe. Beetroot provides so many health benefits. It keeps your heart in good health. Helps in the purification of blood and liver. Prevents cancer. It also takes care of your eyes. And many more…
Serving Size: 4
- 2.5 cups Cooked rice
- 1 teaspoon Cumin (Jeera) seeds
- 1 teaspoon Mustard seeds
- Curry leaves
- 1 teaspoon Ginger paste
- 1.5 Onions, finely chopped
- 2.5 Tomatoes, pureed
- 2.5 Beetroot , finely chopped or grated
- 1.5 teaspoon Sambar Powder
- 1.5 teaspoon Cardamom (Elaichi) Powder
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric powder (Haldi)
- Salt , to taste
- Cooking oil , rquired for cooking
- 1 tablespoon Ghee , for flavour
- Coriander (Dhania) Leaves for garnishing
How to make Beetroot Rice Recipe – Beetroot Pulao
- Keep the rice cooked and cool it prior to adding it in beetroot masala.
- Take a wok, add oil, let it heat up. Add the mustard seeds and cumin seeds and allow it to crackle. Once they start to crackle, add in the curry leaves, ginger and onions. Saute the onions until they become tender.
- After the onions are sauteed, add in the tomato puree, the turmeric powder, the sambar powder and give it a stir. Let it cook for about a minute or two.
- After that add the grated beetroot, salt and stir to combine well.
- Cover the pan and cook the beetroot until it becomes tender and soft.
- Once the beetroot is cooked, add the cardamom powder, cooked rice and stir to combine. Add in the ghee and the chopped coriander leaves.
- Check the salt and adjust it according to your taste.
Your lunch or even dinner is ready to be served. Do try it in your home and let me know if you liked it. Since you have read till here, do check out my other recipes.